Sunday, November 09, 2008

Yea for sleep!!

Well we've made it through the first week of sleeping training (AKA Operation Cry It Out) with flying colors. Luke has gone from maybe getting 12 hours to definitely getting 15 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. I am praising the Lord for the ease of it all. Every night got better and better and now all we get is a small cry before Luke is off to dream land for about 11 or 11 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It really is a small miracle. Naps continued to be difficult until Friday when I got the bright idea that perhaps by his 1 pm nap he was just too tired. Many of you moms know what I mean when I say an overtired baby is not a sleepy baby. Every day he'd cry for almost 45 minutes and then sleep for only about a hour. Friday, I had my epiphany and put him down for a morning nap. Bingo! He went right to sleep for that nap and again for his 2 pm nap. Same thing yesterday and today. So we're back to 2 naps a day and all the more happy for it. At first I was dreading the fact that we'd have to do some schedule rearranging to make that morning nap happen but now I'm excited because I've decided that that will be a perfect hour for some alone time with Kate. I am one VERY happy mommy. I've already created an extensive list of things to do with all of the free time I suddenly have. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SUPER happy for you, Shanna. You are awesome!

Kandra said...

You are such an incredible mother! YEAH for sleep training:)

Butler Family said...

Shanna
I am so happy that everything went so smoothly. Way to go!!

lauren and brad said...

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!

Pam said...

Abby was a horrible sleeper until nap-nazi daycare kicked in the morning nap. It's like she's a whole different kid! Congrats, I know what a relief this must be!