Saturday, November 29, 2008

Look who's talking...

Recently, Luke's vocabulary has really taken off. I have this theory that 18 months is this turning point for language for most kids (Kate's vocab increased amazingly the week she turned 18 months) so we have one more month and I'm just waiting for that day when he can actually really talk to us. His language has been slowly evolving over the last few months, he's got the basics down: Momma, Dada, No (a favorite), Nana, Bapa (Grampa), Pop-pop. And, even though I know every child develops at their own speed and that boys tend to take a bit longer than girls, I can't help but think, "C'mon, your sister was saying WAY more at this point." In the last few weeks he's begun to say a lot more so for documentation sake I thought I'd share some of my favorites from Luke's list of new words:

Wawa= water, up until recently he called water "dada" now it's "wawa" unless its in his cup then its still "dada"
Duuuu= dude
Yeah
Kiki or Tate= Kate
Baba= bottle/blanket
Puppy
Poopy= this is said anytime he is poopy or when we go into a public bathroom and once in the dressing room at Target. =) Then he says....
Phewww
Ma= more
Peeee= please
Cookie= Brooklyn (derived from Brookie-Cookie), or an actual cookie, cracker, chip, etc.
Dan do- Thank you
Ca= Car
Buttball= football
Tutda= touchdown
Gum
Lella= Cinderella (what can I say but he has a sister)
uh oh
Da!= done

I'm looking so forward to hearing what he comes up with next. My favorite thing about him learning to talk is watching his "conversations" with Kate and Brooklyn. So cute!

3 comments:

Brenna said...

You forgot "toot-toot"

sara said...

Wow, he's doing pretty good I must say. But I know how nice it would be for him to really be talking. I love that picture of him too!

Andi said...

Only a Mommy would know what all those different words meant :) That's such an exciting milestone...hopefully he won't get so frustrated now that he is talking. See ya soon!