
A baby cappuccin (not too sure about that spelling) monkey was born just a month ago and was riding around on it's mommy's back. So cute. Wouldn't that be cool if we could just go about our day while our babies held on, no arms needed. =)

Now if you are anything like me you are always looking for easy, tasty meals that aren't too hard on the old scale. I recently found one that everyone in our family enjoys very much. Out of the Southern Living Cooking Light cookbook, I found a recipe for Chicken Parmigiana. I tried it for the first time when we took dinner to the Irelands after Paige was born and made it again this week. Even Luke loves it. 
Since Kate did such a good job on dinner, I decided we could have a special treat and made some chocolate-covered strawberries. Needless to say, our little chocoholic LOVED them. 
Here's the Chicken Parmigiana recipe if anyone is interested:
1. Combine 1/3 c. flour, 1/4 t. garlic powder, 1/4 t. paprika, 1/4 t. black pepper in a shallow dish.
2. Lightly beat 2 egg whites in a bowl.
3. Coarsely crush 3 c. cornflakes in another bowl.
4. Dredge 4-5 chicken breasts (I recommend the thinly sliced or pound them flat) in the flour mixture.
5. Dip into egg whites.
6. Dredge in cornflakes.
7. Arrange in 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray and bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until done.
8. Pour your favorite marinara sauce over cooked chicken and sprinkle mozzarella and parmigiana cheese on top.
9. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
10. Serve over spaghetti and enjoy! =)
What's your family's favorite quick/easy meal?
2 comments:
uh. frozen pizza? :)
uh. frozen pizza? :)
Post a Comment