We've been on the go, as usual, for the last couple of days. Thursday was a fundraising day at our local Chick-
fil-A for
Team Jonah. We love Chick-
fil-A so we decided to be extra philanthropic and go for lunch AND dinner. Kate had a great time, especially at dinner time when all of her boys were there.
Javan, Kate, and Ryan
Jonah, Kate, and
Javan
Yesterday was the annual Child Life Department team-building retreat. We always have a good time together and I have especially enjoyed the topic for the last 3 years. The director of chaplain services at the hospital has come to speak about different personality and temperament types. We all took the Myers-Briggs test to determine our types and she helped give us some insight on what makes us and our coworkers tick. It's a fascinating topic and is very helpful in determining the best ways to work together and get to know one another. My results say that I am an E(extrovert) S(sensing) T(thinking) J(judging). Here's the description.
ESTJ Practical, realistic, matter-of-fact. Decisive, quickly move to implement
decisions. Organize projects and people to get things done, focus on getting
results in the most efficient way possible. Take care of routine details. Have a
clear set of logical standards, systematically follow them and want others to
also. Forceful in implementing their plans.
Check out the website. What do you think you are? We had our retreat at an amazing estate in Orange called
Loritz Manor. It was beautiful and we had a nice casual afternoon away from the hospital to bond with all of our wonderful Child Life girls.
Carrie, Cori, and me
Some of the girls having an after-retreat drink by the pool before we headed home.
And now for the possibly big news.....we may have a potty-trainer on our hands. I've been saying for months that when she is ready Kate will practically potty train herself. So despite the comments from others asking when she's going to be out of diapers, we've just backed off and let her do it when she is ready. Today she seems to be ready. This morning she asked me if she could try to go potty on her toilet. Of course, I said yes and after sitting there for a good 15 minutes on her own accord, she did it! And then she did it again, and again, and again! So she was in big girl undies all
morning and is now napping in a pull-up. We'll see if this is it but if I know Kate, she could very well be done with diapers. I'm not so sure how I feel about that since it is just one more thing on the road to her growing up and it certainly isn't as convenient as diapers. =) But she is extremely proud of herself so I am proud of her. Here she is with her potty chart. I promised her that with 6 stickers she could get a prize so it looks like we may be heading out to Target tonight for a potty prize. Stay tuned for an update on all of the potty progress.

6 comments:
I love Kates face in this...She is like "yeah i am a bad ass, i know it"..too cute
Shanna - I love that you enjoy life and make memories with your kids and do things as a family - keep it up - you will never regret it! :o)
Michelle
See? Don't let the haters get you down! You knew what to do with Kate and it all worked out :)
Love you girlie.
I love that pic of Kate Ryan and Javan. So cute!!!
i love this post! the first pic of kate is priceless!
i am so proud of her for her potty success!
i wish i could have been at the retreat.
i'm gonna take the test right now...
it costs 60 bucks to take the test!!!!???
is there somewhere to take it for free?
Post a Comment