In order to be ever so efficient, Luke had a follow-up visit at the same time to check on his (going on 4 weeks) congestion. I took him in a couple of weeks ago for what seemed like a cold that just wouldn't quit and the doctor suspected allergies. Dr. A's first assumption was milk but, after switching to soy formula and me avoiding dairy for a week with no significant change, I decided that milk was not the culprit. During our anti-milk experiment, though, I noticed that his "cold" symptoms got much worse during snack one day when he was eating peaches. With further investigation I realized his baby soap, sunscreen, and lotion all have peach extract. So out went the peaches and gone went the congestion. Coincidence? We shall see. So on Friday when I told the doctor of my peach theory, he seemed doubtful. But when I went on to explain that the baby wash I've been using on Luke daily for the last 11 months contained peaches he agreed that my theory may be correct. So for now, we are avoiding everything in the plum family which includes peaches, apricots, and almonds. And Luke is feeling much better.
We had spaghetti the other night. I think he liked it.
He was such a mess I couldn't even get him to the bath tub so he went straight into the kitchen sink. 
1 comment:
i knew you and your genius-ness would figure it out! way to go shanna! i am beyond impressed! i would have never even thought to look at the lotion etc. whew! you continuously blow me away. xoxo
Post a Comment