We had our 2nd annual Palm Desert for Mother's Day/Kate's birthday trip this weekend. The weather was almost perfect aside from some pretty strong winds. We spent our days at the pool and went out for dinner a couple of nights. Since I spent a good part of Sunday packing, traveling, and then unpacking, we decided Monday would be Mother's Day. It was so nice to swim with the kids and then lay by the pool while Daddy took care of naps. =) 
For dinner on Monday, we went to Midori's for sushi or as Kate calls it "squishy". It was Kate and Luke's first sushi experience so we just got them chicken and rice and, of course, edemame which was a huge hit. Everything was very yummy.

For dinner on Monday, we went to Midori's for sushi or as Kate calls it "squishy". It was Kate and Luke's first sushi experience so we just got them chicken and rice and, of course, edemame which was a huge hit. Everything was very yummy.
Tuesday was Kate's birthday! I can hardly believe she's 3! Where do the years go?! She has grown up so much lately. All day she kept asking us to tell her a "story of when I was little" so I'd look at the clock and tell her where we were and what we were doing at that time 3 years ago. She loved it. When we got up in the morning she had a couple of presents waiting for her. Grams the Great (John's grandma) and the Schatzels sent gifts in the mail. Later, Uncle Curt, Auntie B, and Brooklyn came to town and brought yet another present. We spent another day at the pool and then went out to dinner before packing up and heading home at bedtime. Kate got lots of calls to wish her happy birthday.

Dinner at Ruby's with a special chocolate shake treat and Happy Birthday song!

"Hey! Where's our shake?!"

On Wednesday morning, Nana and Grampa brought over their gift to Kate. She's not the greatest driver, yet, but she's getting better already.
Happy Birthday to Kate!
5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE! I love this family!!!!!
I can't believe Kate is 3!!! I still haven't met Luke in person... but they are both getting so big! What a fun birthday weekend. I have to do one like that sometime soon :)
Happy Birthday Kate! Bekah is soooooooooooooo jealous of your
"sweet" ride! :)
I loved being a part of Kate's birthday! Thank you so much for calling!
Sorry to get off in such a rush...I was waiting on a call from my mom to hear the latest from her doc...long story.
Looking forward to July 10th and 11th with GREAT excitement! xoxoxoxo
Happy 3rd Birthday Kate. I love your new car!!
Post a Comment