Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

*Please note Kate has a ring pop in her mouth, we have NOT reverted back to the paci. =)*

We love celebrating St. Patrick's Day and, especially now that we have kids, are enjoying continuing old and establishing new traditions. Our day started out with a green breakfast of scrambled eggs and pancakes. Then the kids opened their gifts...stuff to appropriately deck themselves out Irish-style.

Luke's gift bag consisted of temporary tattoos. His said "Kiss Me" and "Lucky".
For lunch we met John's parents and brother for lunch at E.J. Malloy's. John and I have been having lunch at E.J.'s on St. Patty's Day since we first got married and usually it's pretty quiet but today it was packed. Regardless of the crowd, we had a nice lunch complete with our traditional fish 'n' chips and green beer. Craig and Sharon were double celebrating today as it was their 35 year wedding anniversary!

After nap time, Kate and I "made"(read: placed pre-cut cookies on cookie sheet and baked) some shamrock sugar cookies. To finish the day off we had a small dinner celebration with the Irelands, Reeves, and Vander Molens over for corned beef sandwiches and a potato bar. The kids all looked so cute in their green and had a great time playing together.


Luke and Brooklyn wanted nothing to do with a group shot so here are the other girls.

Baked potatoes and all the toppings, crock-potted corned beef on rye bread, and a man doing the dishes at the end of the meal...what more could a girl ask for. =)


After getting quite dirty outside, 2 rounds of bath time were necessary.

7 comments:

Emily said...

what a fun day!

Sarah Ireland said...

Thanks for a good ol time!!! you guys are awesome!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! That is what I thought it was at first and I was thinking, "Oh no Shanna! WHAT have you done?!?!?! You worked so hard!!!"

Cori said...

So fun!

Butler Family said...

Looks like a great day!!

sara said...

What a fun day! I love doing traditional things on holidays and it looks like you guys go way out for St. Patty's day. Love it!

lauren and brad said...

A day full of fun and festivities! So badly wish I could be there to celebrate with you guys! So fun!