It was a very low key but nice day to celebrate John's entrance into his thirties- I can't believe that! Both kids got a letter on their birthdays this year so I thought it only fitting that I write one for John today...Johnny~
30 years old!! It seems so old when I think about the fact that the first birthday I spent with you was your 17th. I have literally watched you grow up before my eyes and, especially in the last couple of years, am so proud of the man you have become. I’m very proud of everything you’ve accomplished and love that we’ve created this little family together. I appreciate how hard you work, especially with all of the overtime, and I want you to know how much that is benefiting our family. Our kids are being provided for above and beyond their basic needs and have the best care on a daily basis because you put in the time and effort to make that possible- because of you they have their Mommy. We are so blessed to have a provider who so obviously loves and cares about us and takes great care in our well-being. I remember, even before we were married, imagining our family and you have exceeded my expectations in the kind of father you’ve become. Our kids know that their Daddy loves them and they will grow up happy, confident, and secure because of that. You are going to be essential in demonstrating for Kate what she should look for in a husband and for Luke in how he will treat his wife. I feel blessed to know that my daughter will settle for no less than a man who will treat her with the utmost respect and consideration because that’s how you treat her. I am confident that my son will be a gentleman and will someday be as good a provider as you are. Thank you for loving us enough to do all that you do.
I love you! XOXO ~ S


4 comments:
Now it isnt just commercials that are making me cry....It's love letters too. Thanks alot....
You are a fabulous wife Shanna. Happy Birthday John! Joining Josh in the land of old men. :)
oh my gosh. that is the sweetest thing ever. you got yourself a good man, friend!
Happy Birthday John! I'm so glad you are so much older than me! :)
Such a sweet letter Shanna! What a wonderful family you have. :-) Happy birthday John!
Post a Comment