Saturday, October 25, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes...

Kate's latest struggles recently are with obedience and fear. So our conversations have been centered around those two things a lot lately. She is generally a pretty obedient kid but her desire for independence slips her up sometimes. The fear thing is relatively new and comes with her age. She brings it up especially at night time when she tells me she's scared. So far she's been easily settled down when we talk about God watching over us and Jesus and his angels protecting us. She likes to hear it and it works to calm her fears.
So....today I found her sneaking some nail polish after I told her to leave it alone. During her punishment she was crying and calling out, "Jesus! Jesus!" Part of me wants to laugh and the other part wants to cry. At the end of her punishments we always discuss what she did wrong and why it was wrong, etc., then we say a prayer together. Today during our discussion she says to me, "I just want Jesus!" I can't tell you how happy I was that at 3 1/2 years old she already has a such a sense of comfort in Someone she can't fully understand. Talk about blind faith!

2 comments:

Emily said...

so sweet. There is a reason why Christ said..."let the little children come unto me"
There is nothing as sweet as the faith of a child.

lauren and brad said...

THIS IS PRECIOUS! I love it!