My lack of blogging for the last 2+ weeks is by no means a reflection of our lack of activity. We have, in fact, been pretty busy getting back into the swing of these after "summer break". You wouldn't think that much would change for a family of pre-school children but I realized while filling in my September calendar that we sure do have a packed schedule for the "school year". My failure to bring along my camera may also have something to do with not posting- I don't like blogging without pictures to go along. So I got the camera out, snapped a couple of pics, and sat down to update you on the last 2 weeks in the Jacobs' household.
Church activities are in full swing...John & I joined a "Lifegroup" for married couples with young families that meets, sans kids, every other Monday night. We're going through a book along with the rest of the Lifegroups and spending time discussing and getting to know each other. ***I'm not sure I every blogged on the fact that in January we started at a new church that we LOVE.*** My MOMS group also started back up for the fall semester. MOMS is a group of mothers with pre-school aged children who meet every other Thursday morning. The kids go into their own age-appropriate classes while the moms spend 2 hours eating, talking, and hearing a presentation on topics applicable to our lives. We also have playdates and park days that give us a chance to get to know each other better and share ideas/experiences. It is a fun group and I've made a lot of new friends.
Our 2nd session at Water Safe began this month. Kate started with her new instructor, Kim, while Luke is still with Scott. Kate is doing great and now swims at Grammie & Pop Pop's house without her life jacket. Luke is a whole other story...basically, he hates it. BUT, he's learning. Last week while they were taking a bath he fell over backward in the full tub and floated on his back with his face above the water. I was right there, of course, but I took a second to help him up when I realized he was floating. So, we're making some progress and it's good to know he's well on his way.
Kate has had three classes at her new dance studio (the same one I went to when I was her age). The first one did not go to well- she ended up coming out crying twice but finished the class, the second went even worse- she sat out the entire 2nd half of the class, but the third one was great- she smiled the whole time and actually did what the teacher asked her to do. It brings back a lot of memories watching her and I think she'll get much better training at the new studio.
And, finally, we are back to visiting Disneyland on a regular basis. Hooray! We've missed it so. Kate had been asking several times a week, "Is it time to go to Disneyland yet?" We hadn't been since early June when the weather got too hot, the crowds got too big, and our passes were blacked out for the summer. Finally, last Monday, we made out first trip back. This time was extra special...since Kate is 3 years old she requires a pass. She was so excited to be a big girl. We've been 3 times in the last two weeks and each time she hands the attendant her card and walks through the turnstile with such pride. Luke is much more able to enjoy our day trips to the Magic Kingdom- it's funny how just 3 months can make such a difference. Our last trip, on Wednesday, with Emily and the girls was one for the record books as we stayed until 7:30 pm! And, while I'll spare you the ugly details, it will not soon be forgotten...right, Em? ;)
Amid all of this fun "fall" activity we've also enjoyed a couple of play dates, fun family days, and 30th birthday parties- yes, we're there now! Luke, also, had his 15 month check-up where the doctor was extremely pleased with his growth. He is now just above the 10th percentile in weight (21 lbs. 8 oz.) and almost 50th in height. I'm blown away at his development in the last month or so...he has over a dozen words (not all understandable to any old ear, but Mommy knows), he understands and communicates much better, he's keeping up with Kate pretty well, doing much better with listening and obeying. With all that said, his tantrums are something to be seen. I'd say they aren't lasting as long...could be he's finally learned they are not going to get him anywhere but ignored. But he's just so cute!
And now the longest blog post in the history of KäLu comes to a close. So sorry to squeeze it all into one. I promise to be more diligent in the future.


3 comments:
We have passes to DL too. Maybe we could meet there one evening!Or on a weekend...
Shanna-
What church do you go to? I am looking for one now that I am back.
Post a Comment