Kate had her first dentist visit this week and she did such a good job! Dr. Walton has been my dentist since my early teens and he and his staff were great with Kate. She has 20 teeth that are in perfect health and they were even able to get x-rays. Dr. Walton had a Dora book about going to the dentist that he read with Kate and explained everything in age-appropriate detail. He made this Child Life Specialist very proud. =) I was so mad at myself, though, when I pulled out my camera and realized I'd forgotten to put the battery in so the picture below is from my phone.
On Wednesday, we joined some friends (see also Emily's and Michelle's blogs for more cute pics) at the Fullerton Arboretum, a nature center on the campus of Cal State Fullerton. It was nice and hot for our mini hike through some really beautiful grounds. There were streams, waterfalls, ponds, flowers, and fun trees to climb. And there was a nice shady picnic spot where we ate lunch. The kids had a great time playing and cooling off in the little creek close by while the mommies talked.
Kate still needs some practice on her tree climbing skills and Bekah did her best to help.
Yesterday, we headed out to Disneyland. It was much cooler than last week but way more crowded. I just don't know where all these people are coming from. Isn't school supposed to be back in? We were able to do a couple rides and see a couple shows. I think the best part of the day was watching Kensington experience her first visit to the Playhouse Disney show. She was quite delighted and did a lot of squealing and clapping. So cute.




2 comments:
Look at your little girl in that dentist's chair! All grown up!
You certainly fill your kids days with fun and great memories!
And I love that John gets to join you for some of them .. what a privilege!
Post a Comment