Sunday, April 13, 2008

One of those weeks...

The past few days have been rough. Nothing disastrous, it's just been one of those weeks where I found taking care of two kids and the house to be more challenging then usual, although it could always be worse (anybody watch "Jon & Kate: plus 8"?). Then I read my friend Emily's latest blog entry and it inspired me to look for the positives in this week. So I've decided to take a page from her book and make a list of things, in no particular order, that I am grateful for:

#1. The funny things that come out of this one's mouth. While she can be absolutely infuriating at times, she so often cracks me up with the things she says and does.


#2. My kids are really starting to become good buddies. Kate is learning to be more gentle and Luke is toughening up. Yesterday they kept me entertained with a game of chase. The shrieking I could do without as it is ear-piercing, but they were having a great time together and I love that.



#3. Good friends and healthy deliveries. The newest member of our extended family of friends was born on Wednesday, April 9th...Paige Wallace Ireland. She and her mom are healthy and happy.



#4. Then there's this face. What more can I say? He is the reason I am completely sleep deprived but look at him. I can't stay mad for long. =)

#5. There is not a picture since I haven't seen much of him this week, but my dear husband is someone for whom I am extremely grateful. He works hard and puts in overtime so I can be home with Kate and Luke. And even when it's been "one of those days", there is no where else I'd rather be and I'm so blessed to have a supportive husband who feels the same way. Thanks, honey.

3 comments:

Brenna said...

That's nice Shanna. You forgot to mention that you're grateful you have a sister's house to go to last minute and take your crazy kids!

Michelle said...

I LOVE it, Shanna!

There is always a reason to smile .. it may be that you actually got to brush your teeth, had a scoop of your favorite ice cream or received a hand written note from a friend.

We have to look for the smiles and the precious moments because our JOY comes from the Lord and the world wants to rob us of that.

ENJOY your family this week! :o)

Kat said...

Okay I was reading your blog about kindergarten and saw this one on the bottom of the page. LOOK AT YOUR LITTLE BABIES! I don't think I knew you when they were that small. So sweet.