Today my Nana & Bapa celebrate their 56th wedding anniversary! It will always be easy for me to remember how long they've been married since our wedding was in the same month that they had their 50th anniversary. They are truly an inspiration and a real example of love and commitment. I always loved hearing Nana talk about the first time she saw Bapa. Her uncle, Dr. Jack MacArthur, was mentoring/teaching Bapa when he began his career as a pastor. On Bapa's first Sunday preaching in church, Nana was sitting with her boyfriend and her uncle. She looked at her boyfriend, then at Bapa, then at her boyfriend, then at Bapa. She leaned over to her uncle, pointed to Bapa and said, "Uncle Jack, I want him." And it didn't take long for her to get him...I believe their engagement was only a couple of months and the rest is history. Now 56 years later they have 3 children (6 counting daughters/son-in-law), 11 grandchildren (15 counting spouses), and 5 great-grandchildren. I wonder what our family will be like when we've been married 56 years...just 50 years to go! =) Happy Anniversary, Nana & Bapa. I love you!
Family pictures as promised back in January

2 comments:
what a beautiful family they have built! Congrats!!!
p.s. I looooove your shoes in the first pic! you are such a hip and hot mama! :)
wow - can you imagine what your family will look like in 50 years?!
Post a Comment