Wednesday, March 26, 2008

We're finally connected...

Yea! I don't know how we ever lived without internet. I rely on it WAY too much. But, alas, we are finally connected via Verizon FIOS- very fast, very nice. So, are you ready for the longest blog post in the history of my blog? Here goes...
The weekend before the big move we had fun at Reagan's 2nd birthday party. Ballet was the theme and Kate could not have been more thrilled. Sarah got all of the girls different colored tutus and they looked adorable. Kate wore hers all day but the birthday girl was having none of it. That's okay, you know the rule- "it's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!"


While we were packing (a chore I will never do again!), the kids kept us entertained. Kate came across the dress she wore for her 1st birthday and insisted on putting it on. Yeah right, it's a 6-12 month sized dress, there's no way it's going to...oh, it fits! What?! Yep, it fit. Naturally, it was a tad short but, nevertheless, she got it on, buttoned up and everything. Luke learned a new skill that may just put me in an early grave. He climbs. Check it out.

Another new skill he's developed is feeding himself. He's still boycotting anything pureed but seems to really enjoy Cheerios, bread, crackers, avocado, chicken, rice- basically anything bland. =)

On St. Patrick's Day we dressed in our green and went over to the Hefte's house for a traditional corned beef eating, beer drinking, green wearing Irish celebration. Kate and Reagan had a great time running around, screaming like only they can and Luke met his new friend RJ.


We were so excited to meet another new friend and see an old friend this past weekend. Lauren and Ben (4 months old) Schatzel came in for the weekend and stayed with us for a night. We had such a great time. Cori and little Drew (1 month old) came over for dinner. The three of us girls were Child Life Specialists together back in the day and now we're mommies. It was so strange to look around and think about how different our lives are and how much has changed since we worked together 5 years ago.


We celebrated Easter on Saturday with my parents and family. The kids opened their baskets and we had a delicious dinner. Afterwards, Curt, Brenna, Brooklyn, Kate, Luke and I went down to Main St. in Seal Beach. The weather could not have been more perfect and we had fun playing at the playground. We decided to get something to eat when Kate kept trying to go into every restaurant we passed crying out, "I'm hungry! I'm hungry!"


Easter fell on our 6 year wedding anniversary this year so after church we headed out to Palm Desert for a couple of days. It was a great time. The weather was just right for swimming and Kate had to be dragged out of the pool. Luke even got in in his new life vest which, surprisingly, he didn't mind at all. Below are some pictures of Kate on poop patrol with the flashlight and watching the golfers from Grammie and Pop-Pop's back porch.


So, there you have it. Our March in a nutshell. It's been a crazy, fun, dreadful month but we're well on our way to recovery. Tomorrow I will post the long awaited pictures of our new house. Thanks for all of your patience!


2 comments:

Emily said...

YIPEE! You are back! You don't slow down. Even while moving you have a ton of things going on! Well we have to do a mall day or a play day soon..... Bekah keeps asking when are we going to play at KATE's park? :)

Ismael & Araceli said...

Luke is so cute in the pictures as well as Kate. Thanks for letting Kate be a big helper today at work. I wanted to hold Luke so bad when I seen him today, but I had to get back to the office. Nice to have you back online blogging :)