Well, after only 21 days on the market our house is sold! I have to say, this whole experience has been the most stressful thing we have dealt with to date. But we survived and will be moving in just a few weeks! It's been such a whirlwind of activity since we went into escrow on Thursday, February 7th and probably won't settle down very much for quite a while. After we accepted the offer on our house we had 7 days to find a "replacement property." Of course, we had been looking and had our 3 choices. We made an offer on choice #1 and just couldn't come to an agreement with the sellers on a price so we moved onto #2. We made our offer on Saturday morning and it was accepted! Yea! We're very excited and are working on getting a short escrow so we can be in by March 1st. Until then, our days are going to be full of construction on the wall on our current property (many of you know all about it but for those who don't, I have two words for you...zoning violations-oops), inspections, paperwork, and packing. On one hand I'm dreading it but on the other I'm looking forward to all of the throwing away I get to do. =) Okay readers, let the comments roll in with advice on packing, moving, where to get boxes, etc. We are not expert movers seeing as how we each only moved once and moving a bedroom from our parents' homes was nothing.The new house is great. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (one outside by the pool with a shower!), fireplace, almost everything remodeled.
8 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!! I am sooooo excited for you guys. It looks beautiful and it will be so nice to have a little more space :) As far as advice on moving. We used the company "PODS" it is the unit you fill up and then they drop it off at your new house on whatever date you want. WE LOVED IT!!!!! No UHAUL!!!!! Happy packing!
That is awesome! Where is the new place going to be? I never actually had the chance to see the "old house". Hopefully that won't be the case with this next one :)
I have no moving advice,I will leave that up to the experts!
~Lori
I am so excited for you!!! More space will be so nice. All I can say about moving is that it is a wonderful time to get rid of stuff you don't use. That was such a good feeling when we moved. Good luck and if you need any help let me know.
Sean and I moved GHETTO style into our house. We had an apartment, but also a large storage space worth of stuff and we hoofed it all by friends cars and Scotts flat bed truck. It took about 5 trips, but it was free! :):):)
We are soooo happy for you! CONGRATS!
congrats! i want to see more pics of the new house. Where is it?
Dude, I really like the "his and hers" mirrors in the bathroom!
I'm curious about where the new place is too. I can't believe you sold your house so quick!! That's awesome. As for boxes...check out Craig's list because my sister was able to get brand new boxes for hardly any money. We got all ours from the dock at the hospital...free. Stanford also happened to move us all because he got laid off the day after we got the keys to our place...not something I recommend :). good luck!
That's awesome! I'm so glad theres this whole blog world b/c I love to be kept up to date! I am so excited for you! It has a pool too:) The famous question: Donde estas tu casa?
Post a Comment