Saturday, February 16, 2008

Unbelievable...

So, you'll remember in my last post when I said the offer we made on our first choice house (we'll call it house A) was turned down...guess what! They called back and said they'd take it! What?!! We're in escrow on our second choice (house B) already! We've had an inspection done! We've had pool fences priced! We've made plans! We can still back out...and we did. And now we are going to get our first choice, as close to our dream house as we can get on our budget, and we are elated! We went into this whole process with the mindset that God will provide and we will end up where we are meant to be and He has proven to be faithful beyond our wildest dreams. I'm still not sure why we were meant to be turned down on house A, on the house we LOVED, and start the purchase process on house B and end up with the house A after all. I can only venture to guess that it was all part of a very humbling lesson. None of this would have happened without God's divine intervention. Even when we "lost" the house we fell in love with, we maintained that God had our future in His hands and knew what was best for us- something that is not easy for this type A, must control everything personality. So when everything worked out for house B, we figured that was where He wanted us. Ha! With every obstacle that has incurred during this buying and selling process (and believe me there have been plenty), it has been driven home that God is in control and will take care of us better than we could ever take care of ourselves. It is truly overwhelming to think of all of the ways He has guided us to this place.

And to answer the question of the day...we'll still be in east Long Beach. Look for "Just moved" announcements around the second week of March with our new address. =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanna & John:
We are happy for you getting house 'A'.
Marilyn showed us the New Year Day picture of the clan, all 30+. Please post the picture on your blog.
Don & Suzanne Seward

Butler Family said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so happy that you got the house you wanted. What a crazy couple of weeks Isn't it amazing how God works!!! Happy moving!!

Anonymous said...

God is good--all the time and always loving and providing for his "kids".
Congratulations!

Emily said...

What!? I can't keep up! Well I am glad that when all was said and done you got your first choice! What a crazy trip you guys have been on. So happy for you.

sara said...

The new house looks beautiful! I'm so glad it worked out!! You are so on top of things Shanna...I can't believe (but really can) that you're already planning on your Just Moved cards. I really need to get more on top of things, Yikes! I'm so happy for you.

kori said...

The house looks amazing. Congrats!