Wednesday, September 07, 2011

First day of 1st grade...

My little girl started 1st grade yesterday! This is big time, people. Like for reals school! AHHHH!! Fortunately, when I left fighting tears yesterday morning, one consolation was that the first day was a half day so we'd be picking her up at the time we were used to...12 noon. Of course, we kept with our tradition and had lunch at Hof's Hut afterward. Today was her first full day and I can't tell you how weird it was to have her gone so long. It was especially strange when 2 pm - our nap/quiet time - rolled around and she still wasn't home. 50 minutes later, though, we were picking her up. =) So far, Kate is enjoying her new class and teacher, Mrs. Kroeze (pronounced Cruz). And I have to say, I quite enjoy the notebook Mrs. Kroeze sent home to keep us all organized! Next week, John and I will attend Back to School Night and find out more about the year to come but I think we'll have a good one!


Kate & Brooklynn


Helping Organize Our Things

4 comments:

Brenna said...

She looks SO old!!:(

Amber said...

that's so exciting! and i must say i do love the binder as well!
have a great year!

ThE nIcHoLs FaMiLy said...

How exciting! She has grown so much!

lauren and brad said...

Ok. two things. first---there is no way in the world she is old enough to be in first grade. it just can't be. i am in tears for you.
second---is that seriously her first day of school picture? she looks GORGEOUS! do you have any idea how dorky I was on the first day of first grade? she is SO adorable shanna!