Summer is winding down and I'm so sad! Kate has 3 more days until school starts. Luke has 9. And I'm dreading summer coming to an end. We've had a lot of fun in the last couple of months and, while the fighting can make me go crazy, I'm going to miss having them (especially Kate) around. This year is going to be another adjustment as Kate is starting 1st grade and that means full day! ☹ And Luke is starting preschool 3 mornings a week. I will admit that I'm looking forward to Wednesday mornings when John and I will both be home and have 2 1/2 hours kid-free! Date
night morning! ☺ The kids are excited for school to start, though, so on Thursday night the kids and I put together their "days until school starts" paper chain. Each ring has the number of days left written on the outside and something they will be doing at school written on the inside.
So, with the school quickly approaching we packed in the fun this week to finish off the summer strong. Monday was a play date at the park, on Tuesday we watched home videos for movie night, Wednesday was family day at the bay, Thursday was swimming at friends' house, and Friday was Disneyland. It was great spending a week full of fun!
 |
| Nola, Emmerly, Luke, Kate, Anna, Josiah, Ellie, Isaiah, Rebekah, Ryan, and Blake |
 |
| Ellie & Micah |
 |
| "Try it! It's delicious!" ☺ |
 |
| Building castles! |
 |
| Emmerly, Nola, Kate, and Luke |
 |
| Emmerly and the baby lizard they found in the pool |
No comments:
Post a Comment