I have a Kindergartener!! And it's killing me! Why must they grow up so fast?! My baby girl started kindergarten yesterday. She was SO excited that we had to make a paper chain a couple of weeks ago so she could count down the days. We are back at my old elementary school and could not be more thrilled. Things have changed, obviously, in the last 20 years but it still feels like home to me and I love being back with our next generation! But, with that all said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't swallow a few tears. She will be in school 8:30 am - 12 noon, 5 days a week. Yesterday, though, they had a short day and the parents all got to stay. Today, is the first "real" day so we'll just have to see how easily I can swallow those tears...it may not be pretty. ;)
Hooray for uniforms!
Kate and her buddy, Eli...
Mrs. Tague
So excited!


2 comments:
I cried almost the entire month of August before Serena started Kindergarten. And on the first day, the sad and lonely 4 year old who was the only kid left in our apartment complex when all his friends went to school came to my door and asked for Kool-Aide and candy. And I wanted to sit on the steps and cry with him and drink kool-aide and eat candy. But then the excitement of all the new things Serena learned, and all the new experiences at school made all those sad feelings so away.
That being said, I will bawl when Chloe goes to school I KNOW IT.
Happy first day of kindergarten, Kate!
:o)
Post a Comment