Dinner and play out in the driveway...we were able to see fireworks in 3 different directions from where we sat.

Sarah's delicious 4th of July cake!
Since John had to work on a couple of his normal days off, he had the last 7 days off and at home with us! And, as it turns out, it was a perfect week for him to be home. I had the privilege of celebrating 3 dear friends at 3 different showers this week. On Thursday night, we celebrated the newest addition to the Eastman family by surprising Michelle with a small shower at my house. I didn't get my camera out since Patti was there with her grand photography skills. And I completely forgot to bring my camera to Shenandoah's for Cori's baby shower the next evening. But, even without pictures to prove it, I had a great time with all the lovely ladies at both celebrations.
On Saturday night, John and I went to the Demolition Derby with Curt and Brenna. I've never been to anything like that! It was fun cheering on the cars as they tried to destroy each other. I still don't understand how some of these cars could possibly keep running after the abuse they withstood. It was quite an experience. ☺ Again, I forgot to bring my camera, although, I'm not sure still pictures could have done it justice.
I did, however, remember to get the camera out on Sunday for Carrie's bridal shower. I've worked with Carrie for about 5 years and am so excited to be able to share this exciting time in her life. She will be marrying Scott in a few weeks and we had a great time celebrating her at our "work shower" on Sunday.
We love our Child Life girls!
Beautiful sunflowers for a country-themed summer celebration
Magnet favors by Debi and our advice garland by Araceli for the bride-to-be.
It finally warmed up this week and we took full advantage. On Monday we went down to the bay for the afternoon. It was the perfect day for it and the kids had a great time playing and running around.
Yesterday, we headed down to Lake Mission Viejo with Cori & Andrew and Andi & Elijah. It was a HOT day and the lake was crowded but it was a great day! The kids loved swimming in the cool but not-too-cold-water and playing in the sand with their buddies. And the mommies enjoyed chatting and catching some rays.


2 comments:
Is it wrong that as I sit in my baking hot house I am jealous of Luke laying in the water in that last picture?????
You are busy bees! I wish I could go to the lake with you girls. It all looks like so much fun!!!! xoxo
Post a Comment