Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Cinderella...

Kate had her ballet recital this weekend. I use the term recital loosely because this show was unlike any end of the year recital I've ever seen. This was a production. A full ballet complete with sets, props, professional dancers, and even a live horse. Kate was one of the squirrels in the story of Cinderella. She did SO well. It took a minute to pick her out of the 30 + little squirrels on stage but once we spotted her we proudly watched her perform her dance perfectly. For the hefty "participation fee" we were given a leotard and 10 pieces of cut material so I could make her costume. That's right! Bust out the sewing machine and get to work. I could have, of course, paid even more money to have it put together for me but where's the fun in that. I honestly don't mind sewing (I enjoy it) and this thing really was a piece of cake but I could buy a week's worth of groceries for what it cost. Up until the performance I was pretty sure we would be trying out a new dance place next year but, despite the high cost of EVERYTHING and the, often times, poor communication from the studio, they put together a beautiful performance. I think we'll stick with them.

Kate, the squirrel...

The final bow...

Flowers for our little ballerina...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a cute dance costume! I love it! Way to go mom!!!!
Way to go Kate!

Anonymous said...

Kate, You are the cutest squirrel I have ever seen!!! You did a perfect job in Cinderella. I had so much fun. Love, Grammie

Ismael & Araceli said...

You have one cute little squirrel. Good job on the costume

Kandra said...

What a proud mom you must be. I would have had tears streaming watching my daughter perform. Maybe it's the prego hormones, but anyway she is one adorable lil girl.