Monday, March 15, 2010

Kindergarten Readiness...

It's been over a month since I posted and, as I've said many times before, it's not for lack of activity. But really, how many times can you post about Disneyland trips, play dates, meals with friends, birthday parties, etc. Over the last month, we've basically been keeping up our usual business. John has been studying hard through the testing process for a promotion so we haven't had much family time. He did get to pick Kate up from school one day and take her to lunch while Luke and I enjoyed a mommy/son day at Disneyland. We're really excited that this Thursday will complete that testing process and we'll have Daddy back! =)

Today, we had Kate's Kindergarten Readiness Test. She was a little apprehensive about visiting kindergarten but later reported that she liked what she had seen. We met her teacher, who happened to be my youngest sister's teacher way back when, and saw the classroom. During the test, I was allowed to observe but had to sit off to the side and keep quiet. Can I just tell you how hard that was! Kate did really well with most of the exercises and seemed to enjoy herself. My favorite comments came out of her during the "interview" portion.

Teacher: What does your daddy do?
Kate: He studies. (told you he's been studying hard)

Teacher: What does your mommy do?
Kate: She makes cakes.
Teacher: Yum! Who gets to eat the cakes that she makes?
Kate: Lots of people.
Teacher: Does your mommy work?
Kate: Yes.
Teacher: Where?
Kate: At home.

Then, when shown a picture of a drawing of a man and asked what the man was feeling inside, Kate responded, "His blood pressure." =) She just cracks me up.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Your daughter is a RIOT. She always makes me smile with the things she says.