Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

In keeping with our tradition, started last year, we had green shamrock pancakes and green orange juice for breakfast to start off our Irish celebration.







And then the mommy-fail moment of the day....my camera battery died. =( I will be doing a make-up St. Patty's Day photo shoot with the kids at a later date (after laundry is done) to get a couple pics in their green. Nevertheless, we had a nice day with friends and family. Decked out in our green, we picked Kate up from school and joined the Irelands and John's parents for lunch at E.J. Malloy's for lunch.



(Thanks, Sarah, for getting a family pic)

On a less festive note, after naps we had dinner with friends but I had to leave for a while to go visit my Grandpa in the hospital. He has pneumonia and compression fractures in his back. Treating one makes the other worse so he is not doing very well. Please pray for his comfort and healing.

***Update 3/20: Grandpa passed away this morning around 11 am. Thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

Four Flights said...

sending prayers your way. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. On a lighter note, you guys look cute in green!

lauren and brad said...

Cutest Irish family I know. I'm so impressed with your celebrations!

Sorry to hear about Bapa. I'll pray. Hard.