
I took on a new challenge in the last couple of weeks. For my birthday, my parents gave me my first sewing machine! I have very little experience sewing but have been inspired by all of my crafty friends. So, thanks to our good friends, the Schatzels, I had an excuse to practice. I had to cut myself a little slack as they, of course, didn't turn out perfect but I had so much fun doing these projects all by myself and can't wait to improve and learn more. =)

Nursing blanket/car seat blanket...thank you Katie at whatthecraft.blogspot.com for the idea and detailed instructions. =) The ribbons can tie on the handle of the baby carrier so the blanket will "tent" over the baby.

I was so excited to discover the button hole feature on my sewing machine.

Burp clothes
Diapers & wipes holder

Nursing blanket/car seat blanket...thank you Katie at whatthecraft.blogspot.com for the idea and detailed instructions. =) The ribbons can tie on the handle of the baby carrier so the blanket will "tent" over the baby.

I was so excited to discover the button hole feature on my sewing machine.

Burp clothes
7 comments:
Shanna those all look great! Good job!!
i'm so impressed!!! those look so cute!
and hooray for Kate & pre-school!
she will have so much fun!!!
Hooray for Kate--I will be praying for YOU mommy!!
And your projects are WAY better than any sewing newbie should be able to do! You got the magic touch!
Thank you so much for letting me be your reason to "practice"...even though I will say it again and again, THEY ARE PERFECT! This is definitely a hobby that your type A personality has benefited from...you could sell them they are so beautifully crafted! I love them so much and it was such a sweet gift. Thank you friend. I am so lucky to have you...
That is so great! They look really good! I'm sure they are near perfection:) Also, great idea with the paper chain.
I love when women try something new instead of saying "I wish I could ..."
I LOVE the fabric? Have any extra? Or tell me where you got it
I think you have a new obsession, I mean passion! :o)
How exciting for Kate! I can't wait to hear her preschool stories at church on Sunday :)
Great job with the sewing projects! Everything looks like you've been sewing for years :)!
Post a Comment