Kate picked out her outfit & laid it out the night before...
Monday, September 14, 2009
First day of preschool...
Kate had her first day of preschool today! She was SO excited...she even woke up at 5:30 am asking to go to school. Today was a "1/2 day" and parents stayed. Half of the class went 9-10:15 am and the other half (our half) went 10:30-11:45 am. That was not long enough as far as Kate is concerned. =) She was a little apprehensive and shy while we were there, which is typical of her personality in new situations. While we sat in the hallway waiting to go into the classroom, she stayed very close to Mommy & Daddy but as soon as we walked into the classroom she met her teacher, Miss Angela, and gave her a hug right away. We checked out all the fun things they had set up, made play dough, listened to a story, and the day was over. Kate was sad to leave so that gives me a good feeling about Wednesday when we go for a "real" day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I have tears in my eyes reading this...knowing that this day is RIGHT around the corner for me.
She's so sweet! Glad to hear her first day went so well!!
glad to hear that everything went well :) She looks so old in the picture in front of the mural!
love the outfit! she's mighty stylish!! aww this makes me sigh at memories of our first day!!
glad to see she enjoyed it!!!
i am crying...it seems like yesterday when i was screaming like a banshee in your kitchen waking john up because you told me you were having a baby...now look at her. i love her so much and you!
Yea Kate!! And yea for the outfit. I've been waiting for her to wear that!
Oh, this brings back so many memories! I remember YOUR 1st day of preschool, Shanna. And I remember all those years of 1st days when I taught there; I still miss it! I'm so glad Kate is going there. What a great family tradition! Love you all!
I am so glad Kate had a good first day. I can't believe how fast they are growing up!! She looked so cute in her outfit.
Post a Comment