Thursday, June 18, 2009

Big boy birthday and a big boy 'do...

This past Monday, June 15th, was Luke's 2nd birthday. Since we'd already celebrated with the combined party, we had a low-key day. Kate went over to play with Auntie B & Brooklyn so that Luke could have an afternoon with Mommy & Daddy all to himself. We walked down the Seal Beach pier and ate lunch at Ruby's, then visited the Seal Beach fire station. Luke got a full tour, sat in the fire engines, and got a fireman's hat- sorry, no pictures...I only had my video camera. After Luke opened his present, a very cool toy drill that he LOVES, we had dinner and cupcakes at home. The week before we decided Luke needed a haircut. I had very mixed emotions as I loved the curls but the top was starting to resemble a comb over. My friend, Melissa, is starting her photography business and we had an appointment with her to take the kids pictures on Friday so I figured we'd leave his hair long for those and cut it after. So to end the day of birthday celebration and mark his entry into big boyhood, Luke got his first real haircut. John convinced me to let him break out the clippers and do the job himself. Luke hated it but it turned out pretty cute.
Here's the before, courtesy of Melissa Brandman Photography...

And the after, while eating breakfast...

Doesn't he look like such a big boy?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! He looks like a big boy now! I can't believe the difference a haircut makes. What a cutie pie :)

Amber V.

The last Unicorn said...

I cant believe he is two! He looks so much like John.

Cori said...

Wow, Shanna! It really shows off his gorgeous eyes!

lauren and brad said...

AAAH! You are so brave! He looks adorable!