Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Luke's birthday party...

Since Luke's birthday fell on Father's Day this year, we decided to wait a week to do his party. So this past Sunday we had his first birthday party. Of course this weekend was miserably hot but aside from the heat, I think everyone had fun. The kids enjoyed themselves in the mini blow-up pool while the adults looked on with envy.


Luke was dressed accordingly for his football themed party- in Redskins attire, of course. =)


I didn't intend for his party to look like a Brethren pep rally but the plates & napkins I found had the green & white so that became our color scheme. Takes you back, huh, B.C.H.S.ers?


My poor cupcakes were quite melted by dessert but I thought they looked cute.

Of course, Luke got his own cake to dig into but by then he was pretty tired and not really in the mood. John "helped" him stick his hand in the frosting but that only proved to make him mad. We ended up with frosting in the hair which makes for a good picture but not a very happy boy.

Happy 1st Birthday, Lukey!

3 comments:

Brenna said...

awwww....Lukey looks so cute with the cake all over:)

Anonymous said...

Sad we missed it, but looks like it was fabulous. Loves and hugs to the one year old!

lauren and brad said...

what a cute party. wish i could have been there. can't believe the little guy is already one! :)