Saturday, December 22, 2007

Santa...

Brenna and I took the kids to see Santa on Friday afternoon. As you can see, Kate opted out of sitting on the big guy's lap. She is still warming up to the idea that he will come to our house to leave presents for her. She says, "No, that's scary!" We keep telling her that she won't see him because he comes when she's asleep-she's still not ready to give her permission. She was very sure that she wanted nothing to do with him on Friday, though. Fortunately, the babies were very good and we were able to get a good picture. Luke was squirming, like usual, and Brooklyn was holding on to him. =)
Two years ago Kate did much better- you know, when she was too little, helpless, and didn't have a voice to protest with- and had a nice visit with Santa, Jonah and Javan.
As I said above, it has become quite typical of Luke to try to squirm right out of your arms. I swear he's thinking, "Just let me go. I know if you put me down I could run like the wind!" He had his 6 month doctor's appointment this week and weighed in at about 15 pounds (we couldn't get an accurate weight since he would not be still) and was 27 3/4 inches long. So he remained in the 80% for height and dropped down to the 15% for weight. The doctor wasn't concerned since he is growing and certainly isn't inactive. In fact, the doctor seemed amazed at how active Luke is. He kept saying, "Boy, when he starts crawling..." and "You're gonna have your hands full with this one." Don't I know it! Luke has already started climbing or trying climb and he's not even crawling yet. God bless him, he's going to keep me in shape. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he's gonna be ornery like his daddy. oh wait, and his mama! :)

we are taking ben tomorrow to see santa. surely he's young enough to not even notice. we'll see!!!