Saturday, April 07, 2012

Easter eggs...

The kids and spent this morning before Easter Sunday dyeing and decorating Easter eggs. The "Easter season" is not long enough, in my opinion. Its such a sacred holiday to believers and I love the traditions we've established as a family. Because Easter is the holiday that celebrates the foundation of our salvation, I try to do everything I can to keep our focus on this great gift we have been given by our Creator. We've dyed eggs in the past but I never had a lesson or moral to go with the activity. I did a little research this year and found a few ideas that we managed to work in while we decorated...
This one came from Pinterest for jelly beans but it works:
Red is for the blood He gave.
Green is for the grass He made.
Yellow is for the sun so bright. 
Orange is for the edge of night.
Black is for the sins we made (we didn't have black but oh well).
White is for the grace He gave
Purple is for His hour of sorrow.
Pink is for one new tomorrow.









No comments: