Sunday, August 14, 2011

My DIY...

Have you met Pinterest?? If you haven't, go there now...you're sure to love it! The first few nights after I succumbed to the curiosity to what this pinterest thing was I was up way past my bedtime "pinning"! I love the organization and the inspiration. So much so that I now have a good handful of DIY projects that I plan on doing to spruce up the house decor without going broke. I did my first project today. I've been looking for a lamp for our entry way console table for a while now but couldn't find one for less than $40, that I was willing to spend $40+ on. Yesterday, when I stopped by a friend's garage sale they had the perfect shade out to sell and kindly gave it to me. Thanks, Tim & Jenelle! This got me motivated so I picked up a $5 lamp at Goodwill and some paint at Ganahl's (did you know they can take any paint and make it spray paint?!?!) and put in a couple of hours in the backyard. Here's how it went...


Sanded and taped

Primed

The girl at Ganahl's was a HUGE help to this amateur and helped me pick out the right stuff for my project. The paint they put in the spray can for me was an eggshell finish so I got Crystal Clear gloss to give it a shinier finish.

Done!


1 comment:

Shandra said...

Wow! The lamp looks great!

I LOVE Pinterest. Addicted.