My new favorite past time has become crafting up some goodies for sweet new babies in our lives. My dear friend, Elisa, had her first little one a few weeks ago and before I went to meet him I wanted to whip up a little something. I didn't have much time so I sewed a couple of burp clothes and mod podged some letters for Mr. Kai Britton.
It was so much fun putting those things together for Kai that I was inspired to do handmade gifts for my cousins' wives for their joint baby shower. Jared's wife, Amy, and Kevin's wife, Sarah, are both having their first little girls in May. We are so excited to meet our newest cousins! For those gifts I had a little more time so I added a hooded towel. (Kai will get his at our next visit ;)) I had such a great time planning and creating and was surprised by how easily they came together. I can't wait to learn how to do more!
Hooded towel:
made from one regular sized towel, half of a hand towel, some ribbon, and letters cut from cotton fabric.
![]() |
| Jared & Amy are due with Kara Joy in the beginning of May |
![]() |
| Emma Jean is due to Kevin & Sarah at the end of May |
Wrapped up and ready to go...
Yea for brand new babies!!


2 comments:
love love love! shanna you got skills chica!! these are SO cute and SUCH a great idea! am definitely borrowing for the wee ones that our friends will be having soon as well! minus the towels since i dont sew.....perhaps I can commission one from you??? =)
this is the cutest gift! we got one of those towels with ben and its my fave because its not teeny! love the letters and i know first hand how cute your burp cloths are! xoxo
Post a Comment