Friday, October 29, 2010

Pa's Pumpkin Patch 2010...

Every year since Kate was born we have visited Pa's Pumpkin Patch. It started as a tradition with Rob and Marikka when the twins and Kate were 5 months old and we continued to meet up with them each year for pictures of the second cousins. We were joined by Curt, Brenna, and Brooklyn a couple of years later. Last year, we weren't able to make it but the Pa's group was joined by Andrew, Andrea, and Sydney. So 5 years ago we started with 3 babies and now there are 9 second cousins in the Ostermann clan (Jonah, Javan, Kate, Brooklyn, Luke, Sydney, Haley, Ansley, and Dylan). This year our photo shoot got totally rained out so we just met up for a fun dinner. Hopefully next year it'll all work out AND we'll be joined by two more second cousins! So get ready Jared & Amy and Kevin & Sarah! =)


We did finally make it to the pumpkin patch for a quick photo session with the Vander Molens this Tuesday, though. We just couldn't let another year pass with no pictures. Kate's costume this year is the result of my first sew-by-pattern project! Of course, I decided to make it the Saturday before our scheduled Pa's visit so my mom and I worked for 10 hours on Sunday to get the dress done and I spent a majority of Monday finishing the apron and bloomers. My dad constructed the staff and it was done by 8 pm Monday night and then we didn't even need it! Oh well, it was done and she has since worn it 3 different times (a birthday party, Pa's, church costume party), will wear it to another birthday party tomorrow night, and again on Halloween for trick-or-treating. So we are definitely getting what we worked for. Plus it really was fun!

Buzz Lightyear & Little Bo Peep 
Family picture
Running in the patch!

 







Cousins....


The boys...

The girls...


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am impressed with your sewing skills!

You never cease to amaze me, Miss Shanna!

lauren and brad said...

I love seeing how much your family has grown! So much fun.

I canNOT believe you made that costume! That is incredible!