Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Easter...

So I guess it's about time I blog about Easter. Seeing as how it is one of my favorite holidays you'd think I'd have done this sooner but out of shear laziness I have not. So, here we go:
As Christians, I feel very strongly that this is our holiday, our celebration of the One who has given us life in such a way that we do not deserve. Each year I am heartbroken when really imagining what Jesus went through for us but so grateful for His love and sacrifice. My favorite tradition, as of last year, is making Resurrection Rolls. We truly enjoy the process, the story, and the DELICIOUS results.


On Easter Sunday, we got ready for church and set off on our Easter egg scavenger hunt. The kids searched for eggs using clues inside each egg and found their baskets...this year, in the shower. I was so excited to have found so much stuff that came in both "girl" and "boy".


Posing in our Easter Sunday best

After church, we had lunch at Grammie and Pop Pop's house. The kids had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard and came home a little richer. Genius idea...money instead of candy in the eggs. =) We headed home for naps, then over to Nana and Grampa's house for dinner.

We opened Easter baskets with new jammies...

The kids had a great time hiding and re-hiding Easter eggs for each other...

A group shot just wasn't happening but Brenna got a cute one...

A late Happy Easter to everyone, although, God's love and the gift of Jesus Christ's death on the cross does not end so we can celebrate His resurrection all year long. =)
Happy Easter!!

No comments: