I do have to take a moment to show you all what my darling daughter did on Friday night while I was putting Luke to bed.
The best picture I got was with my cell phone.

That's right, folks! She CUT HER OWN BANGS! After I freaked out a bit and vowed to throw every pair of scissors we own away, I tried to fix the problem. Unfortunately, much like her mother, Kate has very thin hair so trying to cover this tragic mistake wasn't happening. Seriously, the hair along her hairline is less then 1/2 an inch short! We had no choice but to cut the rest of them off and pretend we were going for a vintage look...

My mom at about 3 years old & Kate after our attempt at being inspired by that 50's look.
I still can't believe it every time I look at her and we've tried many different styles to help. I'll be taking a trip to Target today to find some headbands and she will not miss one day of her dose of Vitamin D until those things are a decent length. I've heard many stories from other moms and the phrase, "Every kid does it." so I guess we'll just add a notch to our parenting belt and laugh about it. Hmmm...maybe we'll laugh about it later. ;)
5 comments:
oh, kate!
i love the vintage look, though... :)
yup - we've been there. Charlotte cut a chunk off of the side of her nice, long hair. She was going for the layered look, I guess.
Kate looks cute with her vintage do!
my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. we just lost my grandmother to cancer last week and I know hard it is. as yours lives closer, enjoy the little moments you have with her!
as for ms. kate - she looks cute with her "retro" bangs. and they do all do it.....unfortunately.
take care
I'm so sorry about your nana. She was such a wonderful lady.
Is it weird that I think Kate looks adorable with the short bangs? and, wow. She looks just like your ma!!!
Love to you and your family. xoxo
I'm sorry about your nana. Even though you know where she's going, it's still hard. I think you did a darn good job with her bangs. I would have freaked out too and I'm sure I will be one day ....
Post a Comment