Friday, July 10, 2009

Fun with cousins & cow appreciation...

We had another fun-filled summer day today. Jonah and Javan came over for a few hours while Marikka was at the homeschooling conference and the kids all had a blast. We spent a good amount of time at the park climbing, hanging, and ball hunting. **The big boys in the neighborhood frequently have airsoft rifle wars and leave our park littered with tiny pellets that the kids love finding and collecting.** Each had a bucket and they all thoroughly enjoyed their "treasure hunt".



After our time at the park, we came back to the house for swimming and lunch. Jonah and Javan taught Luke how to have some real fun in the blow up pool. Those two had more fun in one hour than my kids have had in it all summer...what can I say, if its not heated to a nice 85* the water is just entirely too cold. ;)



The boys went home just before nap/quiet time and I launched my last minute plan of constructing cow costumes for Chick-fil-A's Cow Appreciation Day (wear a cow costume, get free food). The plan was brilliant this morning when I found a template for cow spots online, the perfect t-shirts (one stained & one too small), and a black rag to use for spot material. The plan quickly fizzled due to a sewing machine snafoo but I did my best just in time to meet the Reeves for dinner. I ended up hand stitching the spots to Kate's shirt and gluing the spots to Luke's but it got the job done and we had a delicious meal with good friends for a mere $4.00. =)



Eat more chicken!

3 comments:

Amber said...

totally impressed by the sewing skills! and think its too cute how Kate has a "pose"! loves it!

lauren and brad said...

I wish you were around to watch my kids...your house is the ULTIMATE FUN PLACE!!!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

I wanted to go SO bad. I tried to talk my John into wearing a shirt with black dots. He didn't go for it! Glad you had fun!!