Saturday, May 16, 2009

1/2 way thru May with no post!!

Well it is certainly not for lack of activity that I haven't posted a blog entry in several weeks. It is, in fact, just the opposite. We have been BUSY! Here's a little breakdown...
May 2-7... John, brother-in-law Curt, and my dad leave to drive to Arkansas to move my grandparents furniture out here to California. Being home alone with the kids is not new to me but for that long it really sucked....especially when I got so sick one day, the kids were great while I was miserable. We missed Daddy big time!
May 7-9... I fly to Arkansas to fly back with Gramma and Grampa. It was so sad to be there for the last time and for such a short time. We will all miss our annual Hot Springs visit so much.=(
May 9... Lo and Ben visit. =) I was so glad to get the chance to see our dear friends on their visit to Cali, even if only for a few hours. I picked them up on my way home from the airport on Saturday and Cori and Andrew came over to play.

May 10-13... 3rd annual Mother's Day/Kate's birthday "weekend" in Palm Desert. Very enjoyable until John got the stomach bug that made its way around our family on the day we were to leave and we had to stay an extra night. Unbelievably, I took no pictures while there but the kids had a great time practicing their skills in the pool.
May 13th... Kate Ryleigh's 4th birthday!! After packing up early and heading home from the desert, John and I took Kate to Disneyland for her special day. With her annual pass, she got a gift card that she used to buy lots of fun little Disney gifts. We visited the restaurant, "Ariel's Grotto" (extremely overpriced but a treat to meet all the princesses), rode a couple of rides, and headed home.




May 14th... last day of MOMS at church.
May 15th... play date at the Ostermanns.
So, needless to say, we haven't come up for air in the last couple of weeks, in fact I am yet to unpack our trip bags. I think I'll go do that now.

2 comments:

sara said...

You have been busy! I can't believe Kate is 4!!! Where has the time gone?

lauren and brad said...

Yeah for a day at disney with the fam! what a lucky little 4 year old!

I so love that our boys got to play again...I hope that we can continue to get them together until before we know they are driving off to get into trouble on our visits!

miss you guys so much already!