Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day...

I've never been one to really get into Valentine's Day and all the festivities, not that I'm against it or anything. But now that we have kids I thought it would be fun to celebrate the "day o'love". So this morning when everyone was awake, we gave Kate and Luke a little valentine gift from Mommy & Daddy and then went out to breakfast with friends.


Luke opened a collection of Cars books and Kate got a few Strawberry Shortcake themed items.

After breakfast, Daddy headed off to work and the kids and I met my mom and Brooklyn over at my Nana & Bapa's for a little visit before swim lessons. All 3 kids had a great time playing at the park across the street and spending time with Bapa. Grammie & Pop Pop (John's parents) met us to watch swim lessons, then came over with yet more "love treats" for everyone.




When we were up from quiet/nap time, we got to baking and made some yummy heart shaped sugar cookies for an after dinner treat. Since John worked a day shift, he was able to be home for dinner and, at the last minute, we spent the evening at the Vander Molen's house. =)
Showing off the end result.
I've trained him well.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! ♥

2 comments:

lauren and brad said...

What a fun day!! And such pretty cookies for being made by chillins...I'm guessing they had some help? Can't believe Luke's curls. So sweet.

BTW, is that a new dining table in the background that I see? Now I must request house pics. :)

Brenna said...

Next year we're coming to your house to make cookies!