What is a classic or favorite that you share or will share with your kids?
Friday, August 01, 2008
Movie night...
Last night Kate and I had some mother-daughter bonding time and stayed up late to watch a movie. After Luke was in bed, we popped some popcorn and broke out one of my all-time favorites, Annie. Annie was the first movie I ever saw in the theater back in 1981 with my dad and the inspiration for my alternate personality when I was Kate's age. It was so fun to watch it again after so long and to see Kate enjoy it the way I did all those years ago (over and over and over). I still think it's a great movie and have a whole new appreciation for it as an adult- those are some talented little orphans! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Obviously!! Mary Poppins! I can't wait until she can actually understand it! It will be nice when Im not the only one singing "Feed the Birds" around the house :)
Looks like it was such a fun night!
Bekah is starting to love all the shirley temple movies and is even liking Anne of Green Gables! :) I haven't shown her Wizard of Oz and The Sound of Music but those are soon to come. Ohhhh what about Swiss Family Robinson and Pollyanna? Fun mother/ daughter moments. :)
I LOVE Annie! That was my movie growing up too. I knew all of the words and songs. So I recently bought it last year to add to our collection. When I watched it again...it was amazing...I think I even got teary-eyed at some parts. :) Good pick for mother-daughter night.
Love mother-daughter time together! I can't wait to do that with Kellen!
:) Julie Lawrence
Hi Shanna!
I am glad you shared a fun night as mom and daughter!
Since I have all boys my movie sharing is a little different BUT they have been exposed to all of the classics and LOVE them. You can be all man and still appreciate Sound of Music. :o)
They will be seeing Anne of Green Gables this year for sure - but she is such a tom boy I know they will love her.
that is sooo cute! i love it!
i can't think of any favorites growing up except for these crazy little lulu movies that we watched. ben will probably roll his eyes if i pop those in!
Post a Comment